There are 72 new franchise concepts profiled, with 275 executive contacts. Altogether, 33 food brands, and 39 nonfood and service brands started franchising in the third quarter of 2016.
The number of sit-down restaurant franchised brands grew faster than QSR, adding 13 and 11 new brands respectively. This is counter intuitive in terms of where the overall industry has been trending. In this quarter, the entrance of child-related brands tied with health and fitness – the consistent front runner among nonfood industries over the last few quarters – each adding 7 new brands this quarter.
Franchisors adding new franchise brands
- Hobby Town started a new franchise dedicated to the sale of remote control vehicles
- ERS started a new brand restoring artwork and collectibles
- Texas Roadhouse started a pizza concept called Bubba’s 33
- The rage in nutrition is bone broth. Franchising now has a concept that has incorporate bone broth into their restaurant. CoreLife Eatery.
- Under Canvas is a “glamping” facility, which offers luxurious outdoor camping sites with services and amenities similar to those offered by luxury hotels. That’s my husband’s kind of camping :).
- Measure provides drone services to businesses.
- Rent A Ruminant will provide goats to mow your lawn